Health and Nutrition
Communicate health messages and improve child care practices
- Infant and young child feeding, IYCF (exclusive breastfeeding for the first 6 months, appropriate complementary feeding)
- Common childhood diseases prevention and management (especially pneumonia, diarrhea)
- Child injury prevention
Integrated water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH)
- Ensure families have clean water supply systems and sanitary toilets.
- Additionally, integrate with education and communications methods to change behaviors on handwashing and caring practices during child’s diarrhea and pneumonia.
Timed and targeted counselling (TTC) for breastfeeding
- Empower community women health volunteers to support mothers to breastfeed exclusively for the first 6 months, using timed and targeted counselling method.
Partnership and advocacy to support breastfeeding and child nutrition
- Multi-level partnership to strengthen Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative in maternity facilities (ten steps to successful breastfeeding).
- Support women empowerment and participation in child nutrition policy implementation at community level.
As a result:
- About 500 pregnant women and mothers of newborn learned about appropriate time for exclusive breastfeeding and complementary feeding.
- Over 160 mothers of children under five years of age learned about effective treatment for child’s diarrhea and pneumonia.
- About 28,000 school students and over 20,000 community members learned about prevention of road traffic injuries, falls and drowning among children.
- About 200 project communities and their members had improved their environment in order to protect their children from having these three types of injuries.
Integrated water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) • Ensure families have clean water supply systems and sanitary toilets....